POST Philately issues stamps and handles philatelic orders from subscribers and customers.
Development of POST Philately is the history of modernisation. POST Philately processes tens of thousands of orders per year for collectors and other customers.
Since its creation, Post Philately (previously called the Office des Timbres) has offered a comprehensive and professional service, and has consistently sought to modernise its processes.
- Post Philately was created in the mid 1920s, and the first stamp issue in Luxembourg was in 1852.
- At this time, creation and production of our first stamps were done by the Direction Générale des Finances, the Ministry of Finance of the time.
- When Post Philately was created it took over stamp production. Management of the main stock, remained under the control of the Enregistration Administration until 1992.
- In the 1930s, a mail order service, one of the first of its kind, was set up. This service allowed foreign philatelists to buy Luxembourg stamps.
- During WW2, philatelic notices, containing detailed descriptions of the new stamps were published.
- After the war, a standing order service was launched and was very popular with philatelists.
- In the early 1970s computers took over from the addressograph machines which had now become obsolete.
- In 1980 the Post Museum opened at the Rue de Reims. It housed a complete collection of Luxembourg stamps. The museum moved to a better location at the Place de la Gare in 1995.
- In the summer of 1983 a special philatelic counter was opened at the Luxembourg Centre post office. It is still in operation today and provides specialised services for collectors.
- was at its peak in November 1990 when the first Luxembourg Telekaarts (phone cards) were issued. Post Philately took over manufacture of new cards, and also set up a mail order and subscription service.
- In 2006, Post Philately launched its personalised stamps and postcards service at meng.post.lu.
- From 2010, Post Philately started to broaden its product range to include philatelic and numismatic items.
- Post Philately opened its online shop in 2013 which offers the full range of products.
- As part of the Post Luxembourg re-branding process, the name of the Office des Timbres was changed to Post Philately.
- At the start of 2015, Post Philately launched its Smart PostCard app.
Contact details (for mail orders only)
Tel.: +352/4088 8840
Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm and 2:00pm - 5:00pm
The new Philatelic counter is located in the Cloche d’Or district at 13, rue Robert Stümper, L-2557 Luxembourg.
Collectors can enjoy service from our staff who have philately training. In addition to our excellent service, the philatelic counter also offers the following items:
- Recent Luxembourg stamps
- Philatelic items such as annual collections
- Luxembourg coins
- Collectables from the Post Museum
- Special postmarks
Monday to Friday: 09:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
13, rue Robert Stümper
Monday to Friday
From 8h00 to 12h00 and from 14h00 to 17h00
Tél. (00352) 4088 8840
Fax. (00352) 406868
Discover here the latest stamp issues, collection stamps, yearly collections, numismatics and collector’s items.To the eShop
In our sales outlet in Luxembourg Cloche d’Or you will find our stamps and philatelic products from the last years.Read more.