Tribute to the Luxembourg Red Cross
The mission of the Luxembourg Red Cross is to help vulnerable people to live independently and with dignity. It holds human solidarity events, to offer help to those in distress and prevent situations of material, health and social vulnerability, both in Luxembourg and abroad.
The Luxembourg Red Cross operates according to the fundamental principles of the international Red Cross and Red Crescent movement. The organisation has thousands of volunteers and over 1,700 professional members.
The Luxembourg Red Cross is committed to:
- emergency humanitarian aid
- home care
- blood transfusions
- care of elderly or dependent people day centres
- social assistance
- care of migrants and refugees
- individual help for people in difficulty
- hostels and youth centres
- social and family therapeutic services