This “Packard Standard Eight 833” was delivered to Buenos Aires, Argentina on June 27, 1931. It was then exported to Europe, was first registered in Austria and was finally purchased by its present Luxembourg owner.
Rolls-Royce. The car on this stamp was delivered on 10 February 1934. The chassis, engine and interior are all original. The body, fitted with a large sunroof, was manufactured by Cockshoot & Co Ltd in Manchester. Its current owner discovered it in Oxford in a classified ad.
The introduction of the phenomenal “Panoramique” in 1934 marked the start of the golden age for Panhard & Levassor. Its small, slightly convex side windows make it instantly recognisable. These have very narrow pillars that provide all-round visibility with no blind spots. The Panhard Panoramique soon became the car for senior government and church officials, as well as company directors. The model shown on this stamp was bought in Belgium in 2005 in a fairly dilapidated condition.
The car on this stamp is the Buick 56C, a 6-seater, 2 door Convertible Coupé, manufactured in 1940. It has a fully unfolding, pneumatically operated roof and a large, vibration-free high-revving 4.0 engine.