At last, in 1917 after several unsuccessful attempts to found an association, the “Fédération des Sociétés Cyclistes Luxembourgeoises (FSCL)” [Luxembourgish Cycling Federation] was born. Founding members hailed from clubs from Hollerich, Kayl, Mamer, Monnerich, Mühlenbach, Schifflingen, Strassen, Rollingergrund and Useldingen. The first president was Norbert Düren. On 23 August 1925, for the first time, the cycling insignia was awarded. Another “first”, namely a women’s race took place on this day. Since 1926, there has been the FSCL Leisure Sports Committee. The ever increasing popularity of cycling without the pressure of competition prompted the FSCL, along with the support of the Ministry of Sports, to organise an annual national bicycle day the first of which took place on 27 May 1979.